Monday, August 1, 2011

Trekking Duke's Nose

After trying for more then a month i succeeded in organizing this Trek with my JPMC colleague. I hadn't talked with 75% of these colleague..I was doubting if i will succeed..But as someone said "Hum chalte gaye, kafila banta gaya"..I started giving up after watching people response,but Vinay,Virendra and Krish kept pushing me..So i kept on moving shamelessly :)..But i will always cherish this Trip..It learned a lot from it..I came across some like minded enthusiast because of it..

30th July,5:30 AM:-I was in deep sleep after being dead tired because of shopping,meeting and arranging bus,food and Trek guides..Krish called me asking me "If we should cancel the trip,because it was raining Cat and Dogs in Mumbai from last 1week,so Trek could be dangerous".I was disappointed,cursing God for this.But safety was more important..So called Trek guide,who suggested we should walk till Waterfall and if we find weather unsuitable,we can return and see other places around Khandala..So went ahead with our plans..

30th July,6:20 AM:-Got call from Ajay,bus have not arrived..Called the driver but he was asleep..Woke him up and asked to reach 1st Pick up point within 30 min..at 6:45 AM got call from Vinay,bus still not there..Called driver to be informed that Bus is not starting..Called Owner and asked to arrange for another Bus..Whoos..Doubt was creeping in my mind,is this trip going to be success,after a bad start..Informed other guys waiting on consecutive pick up points..

30th July,8:20 AM:-Finally got into the Bus,welcomed by excited colleagues..forgot the morning pull.. Started with Vada Pav,followed by Dum Shiraaz(don't know how it's spelled)..We had a lot of fun..Ashwini got really interesting name and Manish became "Chittor ki Rani Jagdamba"..Then last member got in bus and i couldn't wait to eat Samosa brought by pradeep..and then followed everyone's Intro..Really humorous and interesting..specially war about favorite actress :)..Within 2hours we became friends from strangers..

30th July,10:30 AM:-We finally reached Khandala station.. started trek after lite breakfast and short briefing..We walked joking and teasing each other..Goyal and Surjit saab competing in photography..We came across some small water stream..wondering if this is the waterfall we came to see :)..Finally we saw the waterfall and we got excited like kids..Some guys already enjoying it crystal and pure flow..So couldn't wait.threw my backpack and T-shirt and jumped into it..aahhh it's cold water was so relaxing..we sat beneath the fall,and it's strong stream was slapping our backs..we splashed water on each other,climbed the waterfall..got under another stream..which was not reaching me,because of Virendra blocking it :)..Finally before leaving,i lost my floaters and Manish his glasses in the waterfall..Now adventure Begins :)
We started walking narrow and winding paths,must have been created by villagers or trekkers,who dared to walk on unexplored lands..We came across many unknown but beautiful flora and fauna as we moved ahead..But at the same time trek was getting more and more difficult..Ashwini was getting tired and unable to move..So i took her bag..later Krish was struggling but his realization was so appropriate about our lifestyle..Home-car-office,we are always sitting and have metamorphosed into bean Bags..But he didn't give up..We threw his heavy towel and moved on..
We kept on moving and reached a point from where we could see the valley and other mountains staring us..we could see clouds moving in front us and many waterfalls falling from peek of other mountains..I felt like Frodo of "Lord of the Rings" and whole book got refreshed in my mind..Suddenly Clouds moved and we could see Duke's Nose..We got really excited and started cheering...
But now comes most difficult part of the journey,3 vertical rocks about 10feet high to be climbed by software junkies like us but no option :)..So we took the challenge..
Divya who was struggling but kept moving with the support of Trek guides gave up at first rock,she was not finding space to fit in her feet..In spite of instructions,she got blank out of fear,unable to understand left-right ..So i came down and pulled her up with the help of Trek guide..
Oops she started crying,I realized she was really scared..but it was time to rejoice,she had conquered her fear..We moved ahead..2 more difficulties,waiting to be conquered..People were cursing me and planning to beat me in the Bus..But when we reached the top of Dukes nose and fresh breeze of air hit our face,it took all the fatigue with it and left us exalted..Arnab played music on his mobile and we were dancing..We were hungry like wolves now so we attacked Biryani an Pulav,it never tasted so good before this..After relaxing and enjoying there for a while, we started descending..

This Blog will be incomplete without word of a person,who still don't believe she could do it "
3500 ft above sea level.. Hanging on a rock... ... No way backward..but with only way to move upwards with a 10feet tall rock be4 me to climb up... Guide instructing me to put my right leg on top of the rock and left leg on barely 5 inch surface... Omg I am yet to sink in the truth I managed to cross it... Woh kehtey Hainaa darr ke aagey jeet hai.. My case was darr ke aagey zindagi hai.. warna wahi pahaadpe latakte raho... First trek of my life ... Did rock climbing ,rope walking.., walked on a narrow ways with steep slope on one side.. I just can't digest I did all these life risking kaam.. And what on earth made me do all these.. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home